First up is Matalan (who for the third season in a row have offered up some fantastic pieces). They have a fantastic selection of coats with highlights including:
- a navy blue double breasted belted trench coat with gold edged buttons (for that naval, nautical feel which is huge this season) and pleated back yoke for £20 from a size 8 upwards- I actually own this coat and have worn it everyday for 2 weeks as I simply adore it (and thats from a trench coat addict who owns another two but have since put them in the back of my wardrobe as this is all I need!)
- a selection of swing jackets including black with large 3 button fastening and bracelet length sleeves with button detail £20 sizes 8 upwards
- belted trench coats in beige and coral for £20 sizes 8-20
- two 60s style coat with clean lines- available in black and a gorgeous white and black print (such a stand out piece for me!)
Next up is Sainsburys who have a fantastic showerproof black trench coat with seam detailing, a full buttoned front and was only £35- it was the ultimate classic and very 60's looking (it acutally reminded me alot fo See by chloes new season blue cocoon coat)
La Redoute also has a fantastic selection of coats and jackets in their new catalogue including:
- a Soft Grey trench coat in coated linen, cut on the hip with a pleated back yoke (available in indigo, black and white, sizes 6-18 and £55) and swing jackets in cotton twill with long pointed down cuffs, button flap pockets and inverted pleat back yoke in mouse grey, white, powder pink, black and white and in sizes 6-20 for £29.
-They also have a selection of classic double breasted style trench coats with slanted pockets, button down flap front, adjustable strap cuffs (and a knife pleat on the back of the long version) available in either the 'traditional' or hip length and in pure cotton with a water repellent treatment. The hip length is £35 whilst the longer is £39 and both are in sizes 6-22 and in grey beige, white, coffee and black.
Wallis has a trench coats available online in the sale including red, navy, stone and ivory double breasted belted collared full length trench coats (for £45 reduced from £65), a black petite trench coat and navy, ivory and blue hip length double breasted belted showerproof macs (£35 reduced from £45)
Topshop has this absolutely gorgeous swing thigh length mac in textured cotton herringbone blue for £75 and in sizes 6-16 (this is just a stunning coat and one that will never age in my opinion- if i didnt already own too many coats, I'd buy it like a shot!)
and a more casual double breasted belted trench coat with toggle fastening in charcoal grey for £55 in sizes 6-16