Wednesday 5 March 2008

Sailor Girl

As you might already have gathered, I have a love of all things nautical and sailor (did anyone else see the pearl stranded necklace from Topshop with black anchor detailing- divine!) and one of my favourite bits from the recent Sweeny Todd movie was when they were at the seaside (Johnny Deep looked adorable in his all in one striped suit!), so when I spotted this dress today in between essay writing, it was an instant attraction! Not only it is blue and white striped (the ultimate in nautical chic), it has a collar (I have a thing for collared dresses especially black dresses with white peter pan collars a la Wednesday from The Adams Family), large button up front AND a bow in the back! Personally the belt shown does nothing for me, the colour is all wrong and distracts me from the dress, I'd either go unbelted or try something more subtle (maybe pick out the shades of the dress) or go completely nautical and go down the rope belt avenue! I'm imagining my trip to the seaside to eat ice cream in it already (whilst wearing my anchor necklace of course!)
(Dress available from ASOS www.asos.com)

No comments: