Thursday 10 April 2008

Bonjour.........

I have a gulity pleasure to admit- french boudoir chic- if its french and bedroom related I'm 99% sure I'll love it, want it, need it and quite possibly obsess over it- yesterday was such a day when I was faced with an Orange Tree french style dressing table complete with mirror AND matching mirror 3 panel bedroom screen all in white with ornate style curves and gold 'aged' detailing- it was simply divine and i had to be pressed away from them! Today I'm still thinking about them and decided to look online and lo and behold I found some corkers:

From Benardout Interiors (http://http//www.benardout.co.uk) are these simply stunning beauties:

I'm imagining this first one with my assortment of glass perfumes bottles (the sort your meant to decant perfume into and use the glass topper to seductively apply your perfume to your wrists, nape of neck, bosom etc- mine are empty!) on top and a gorgeous little stool so i can sit and apply my make up in style- simply divine!


If dressing tables arent your thing, how about this 2 drawer french desk, topped off with this heavy carved mirror set into the wall above? The desk is so gorgeous I'm almost temped to ditch gthe laptop and bring back pen and paper!


These french chests are divine- the curved legs of the one of the left are a gorgeous design feature to an otherwise fairly plain shape and the heavy carved detailing on the right is just breathtaking.


And just because you cant confine french chic purely to the bedroom, this grape carved console would look fabolous in a large hall way or lounge (now I just need the new house to fit them in!)
The Lavendar Barn (http://www.thelavenderbarn.co.uk/) is full of chic french pieces including this gorgeous Chateau Louis Phillipe What Not (I'd put this is a bathroom to keep all my bits and pieces on- all decanted and put into gorgeous glass bottles and silver pots) and stunning dressing table- a huge must for me.

This Chateau lemi dune sideboard is a show stopper and is sure to be the focal point of any room, while this radiator cover will add a touch of french chic to any room without dominating it.



And finally this heavy carved armorie is divine and big enough to fit even the most generous stash of clothes (it may even fit mine!)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for your kind comments, I am delighted that you like our website. www.thelavenderbarnshop.co.uk

kind regards and happy blogging.
Lyn Glass
MD
The Lavender Barn